The Fox Theatre (note that it's spelled "Fox Theatre," not "Fox Theater") was constructed at 1135 13th Street in 1926 as the Rialto Theatre, a
vaudeville or movie theater. The building would often be vacant throughout the ensuing years, though it was usually a venue for dancing
and other entertainment when it was in use, and the space would eventually become Ted’s Buff Café and Cafeteria. After the first
Fox movie theater (at 2022 14th Street) was destroyed by fire in 1960, the Fox relocated to its present location in the summer of 1961,
complete with 230-square-foot marquee.
In 1991, the Pyramid Group, Inc. leased the space, received a liquor license from the city, and turned the Fox into a concert venue,
which it has remained ever since. Recent acts include bands such as the Gin Blossoms and the Killers.